Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Loooooong Winter...

Apologies all around for leaving this site so barren all winter long.
Though I have been picking away at a few projects, things have definitely slowed down for a few months and it's time to get back on the clothes-horse for Spring!
Here are a few pics to keep you posted for now:

New throw-cushions for the living room sofa!
Mom helped me pick out some great fabric at an even better price. Only a 1/2 meter was enough fabric to cover both sides of 2 cushions:


A Silver-Grey light weight top! This was done in the fall. Very thin soft cotton.


A new spin on a basic 2nd-hand GAP dress!
It was a bit to revealing (short) for me, and although it fits like a glove, I think I had only worn it once since picking it up at Value Village last year. I added some tropical-print blocks to this bland piece to brighten it up and add some interest. 3 extra inches on the hem go a long way to making this way more wearable!

3 comments:

Suzanne Zappia said...

oops! misbranded: the original dress was actually SMARTSET not GAP.

margaret said...

I love the lightweight cotton shirt - very pretty! Is it from a pattern?

Suzanne Zappia said...

Nope, no pattern on that one- just "guestimates"! I happen to really like more simple shapes, so I often use no pattern, or will modify existing patterns to put my own spin on them.