Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Pencil Skirt and Boat-neck top

I was inspired to create this outfit by a photo of actress Kate Beckinsale. I really enjoy the vibrant shade of purple, and had my own fabric not been completely free, I probably would have gone for a similar tone.
I think my version pretty much hit the mark though:























There is a nice sleek side-pocket on one side, invisible zipper on the other, and kick-pleat for ease in walking.

And my favorite accessory for a great skirt? A big honkin' belt.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

You mention the fabric was free - where are you finding these killer deals on fabrics?

Suzanne Zappia said...

My Mom! I frequently get hand-me-down odds and ends from her sewing closet, or left behind bit from previous projects.
Aside from the freebies, though I often scour thrift stores for old curtains, dresses, etc. which can be re-made into something new and fabulous. :)